Looking for a delicious snack that’s a little healthier than your average Philly Cheesesteak? Look no further. These delicious egg-rolls can be modified to be Whole30 or Keto compliant. For now, I am posting the recipe as it, but feel free to make any changes.
Egg roll wrappers (or spring roll wrappers)
1/2 lb flank steak, thinly sliced (or any kind of beef in smaller slices or pieces)
1 bell pepper, color of your choice, diced.
1 onion, sliced or diced
Salt & pepper
Provolone or Monterrey Jack cheese
Oil/butter for frying or olive oil spray
- Cook pepper & onion in a pan for about 5 minutes, then add flank steak or other beef.
- Add salt & pepper to taste and cook until vegetables are tender and beef is fully cooked.
- Lay an egg roll wrapper on cutting board and spoon some of the beef mixture into the center.
- Place desired cheese on top of the beef mixture.
- Fold bottom point over filling and tuck under filling. Fold both sides in and make sure they stick to the first flap. Roll up tightly and use warm water or egg wash to seal the wrapper. Watch here to Learn how to roll an egg-roll
- If cooking using an air fryer, generously spray rolls with Olive Oil Spray.
- Cook the rolls in whichever method you prefer. Need an Air Fryer?? Try these.
- Preferred Method: Arrange the egg rolls in the Air Fryer ensuring they are not touching. Cook the egg rolls for 6-8 minutes on 350 degrees. Turn the egg rolls over and cook for another 6-8 minutes.
- Alternative: Fry in a pan until all sides of the egg-rolls are golden brown.
- Serve with Queso! (optional). The spicier the better!
You can use any amount of any of the ingredients to suit your needs, and change it up to make it your own. I am thinking you can turn just about anything into an egg-roll!
Cooking times and temps can vary as well. I have only tried once, so I will update as I find the perfect settings.